Monday, May 31, 2010

Are You Truly Free

Today is Memorial Day.  I can not wrap my brain around the scarifice the men and woman who have fought for our freedom.  The lives of so many, so you and I could be free. Above that, I think of what Jesus did for us on the cross and I begin to wonder if I will ever truly understand that type of sacrifice?  Do I truly soak in the truth; ready to surrender my ''stuff'' to replace the sin in my life with His truth?  The flag is pointless if we are living without the freedom of Jesus Christ.  You may not have bars around your borders, but there are limitations on your heart that have already been fought for.  And in case you haven't heard, it says in Revelation WE WON!!!

With those images in mind, close your eyes and merge them together.  Ask the Spirit to show you what holds you back from experiencing TRUE FREEDOM.  What holds you in bondage....

Everybody is weighed down by something.  Even if you are unaware of how it affects your everyday living.  At some point in our journey, we agreed with a lie the enemy told us and we base our thinking rooted in that lie...The cycle of destruction was born.  The good news is, it's easily replaced by asking God to empty it and replace it with what HE WANTS.  His truths.  Breakthrough is near.  Today is the day healing begins.  Are you ready?

Painting done by Glen Willams of Brandon, MS.  It is titled ''Obedience''.  WOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment