Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Has Officially Begun

At our house, the start of summer isn't signified by a series of events or a specific day...it's more like a specific moment...one where I realize that I better get busy on planning some activities for them to do to keep them out of trouble.  It's the moment of reality that says, ''it's you and me, babe...all summer long.'' 

This year, that moment was now.  They come running into the kitchen saying they cute their hair, ''Look mom, she doesn't have anymore hair.''.  I nearly lost it because when they were 2 and 4 years old, my little Sweet Pea cute Banana's hair down to NOTHING.  While I knew this was extremely unlikely since we talk about that instance too often for them to do that on purpose again.  I turned to see these expressions and had to take a picture...Notice Banana's sneaky, ''I'm up to something'' face peeping from behind.  It reflects how easy it is for two little girls to get way bored with too much time on their hands.  They begin to get goofy, which is kind of nice.  Then goofy turns to bickering.  Bickering turns to fighting.  Fighting turns to....well, I don't want to even discuss the possibilities.

So, I'm on a mission to find some cool summer activities.  I'll keep you posted.  Pardon the pun.

1 comments:

Cat said...

I read some good blogs a few weeks ago that had awesome summer activites for kids. I'll have to find them again and send them to you! :)

Post a Comment