Friday, May 28, 2010

Every Problem has a Solution- My Family Room

You will learn my motto quickly and I truly believe there is a solution for every single problem.  It may not be our way, but there is a way.  Today's problem is my family room and I need some help.  Man oh man, even with this issue, I still feel my walls smiling at us, but I also feel that nudge that something just isn't right.  Take a look...



It is super duper space.  Great wood floors and furniture I can work with for the time being, thanks to my ex-husband who graciously gave me back some of our furniture from 2005 when we divided it.  Who would have known... 
What a blessing.

What you can't tell in this image, is how dark the room is.  With only two can lights on one side of the room, one spot light over the fire place, a fan with no light, and french doors that are tinted, it's hard to get cozy in here for some reason.  I am having trouble luminating the room with great lamps, because there are no floor plugs and baby walker over there will trip over them if they are stretched.  Let me show a couple more angles.  BTW, my little Banana was practicing her dance moves while I tried to photograph the space.

I'm in a phase of my life where I'm searching for my style.  I've always had a modern country/pottery barn/whatever I felt like putting together look going on.  A matter of fact, I've used the same fabric in my living room, along with the same colors in my houses since my first marriage.  That was years ago...it's PAST time for a change.  SO...something isn't working with this room.  Is it the lighting, the furniture, the color of the walls, all the junk/toys or something I'm not seeing.  Help me redefine my space to reflect the bright, joy within our home.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Ok, I can't concentrate on the room b/c I'm laughing SO hard at Miss Priss pot dancing! You just have to know her.....

Beth said...

funny thing is...i'm so use to it that i didn't even notice her until i was posting the pics. and little bit over in the walker is trying to pull down my urn...that will have to be moved soon.

Post a Comment