Sunday, June 13, 2010

Receive a Compliment- Part 2

Wow, I'm telling you, when you ask God to search you, HE DOES.  OUCH.  Even though the truth sometimes hurts, I am thrilled that the discomfort is resulting in a further freedom for me in this season.  If I ever seem like I am content where I am, SAY THESE WORDS TO ME...deeper still, Beth, deeper still.  There is always room to grow, learn and change our perspective.  May I always stay open to take heart, measure and be willing to change.

So, the answer I received in my quiet time is SO NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.  Simply put, God told me I was asking the wrong question and I already knew the answer to the right question if I would just ask it instead.  It was similar to an audio voice screaming at you, ''Beth, the question that heals distortions of our identity isn't a question we should ask of others or even of ourselves.''  WHOA whoa whoa, wait a minute mister...what do you mean I have a distortion of my identity....

The true question is ''Who do you say that I am, Lord.''  I'm learning the answer to that question will change your life, if you believe what He says about you.  My goal in this season is not to learn to receive a compliment, but to understand the lie that prevents me from believing who I really am.  That way, compliment or no compliment, I am free to be me.  Also, as a result, being able to receive a compliment as intended, no matter from who or when, results in affirmation, encouragement and a moment to feel the admiration of another.  My goal...To heal and grow spiritually and emotionally so that I will become what I already am in His eyes...that is my answer; that is my on-going goal, and specifically where my focus needs to be in the now.

It places new meaning on my motto---Be bold.  Be radically different.  Be yourself.  hmmm...

0 comments:

Post a Comment